TIOXIDE® R-FC5 pigment is a fine crystal rutile pigment designed specifically
for use in plastics applications where it imparts excellent brightness, a blue undertone
and high opacity.
Its siloxane treatment ensures both low moisture pickup and outstanding dispersion
properties so that it can be incorporated in both liquid and melt systems with minimal
effect on viscosity.
- Excellent brightness
- Good dispersibility
- High tinting strength and blue undertone
- Good rheological (flow) properties and low dust generation
- High scattering and lightening power
Applications Highly Recommended
TIOXIDE® R-FC5 pigment is fine crystal rutile pigment designed specifically for plastics
applications where it imparts excellent brightness, a blue undertone and high opacity.
– Polyethylene for its Dispersibility, low reactivity with antioxidants
– Rigid and flexible PVC for its Dispersibility, opacity, self cleaning via chalking
– ABS for its Blue undertone offsets yellowness of polymer
– Styrene polymers for its Dispersibility, colour consistency, tint reduction
– PVC plastisol (spread coatings) for its Opacity, blue undertone to offset
any yellowness in substrate, dispersibility
– Engineering polymers for its Low moisture pick-up, dispersibility
– Rigid and flexible pipes for its Dispersibility, tint reduction, NSF approved for potable water
The main plastics application areas for TIOXIDE® R-FC5 pigment are:
– Masterbatch for packaging products, including single and multi-layer films, injection
moulded containers and blow mouldings
– ABS and polystyrene compounds
– Rigid and flexible PVC compounds for nonweatherable products
– Polypropylene compounds for nonweatherable applications
|Paints and Coatings
|● Highly Recommended 〇 Recommended — Not Recommended
|Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)
|ISO 591 classification:
|ATSM D476 designation:
|77891, pigment white 6
Physical and Chemical Properties
|Titanium Dioxide, wt%, min.
|present including Siloxane
|Loss at 105°C: *1
|Bulk density (tamped) *2
|Oil absorption *3
|16 cm3/100g pigment
*1 Measured within 48 hours of production
*2 Based on ISO 787/11
*3 )Palette knife method, ISO 787/5
25 kg paper bags, or 1 metric ton (1,000 kg) flexible intermediate bulk containers
Handling and storage
The product is a kind of white powder which is safe, nontoxic and harmless.
Keep from moisture during transport and should be stored in a cool, ventilated, dry place.
Avoid breathing duct when handling, and wash with soap & water in case of skin contact.
For more details, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Do not use this materials in medical applications involving permanent implantation
in the human body or contact with bodily fluids or tissues, unless the material
has been provided