Ti-Pure™ R-900 is a general-purpose pigment used in alkyd and latex paints
for interior gloss and semi-gloss applications. This pigment disperses easily,
develops high gloss, and provides maximum hiding power in a wide range of
gloss grade applications.
R-900 is a rutile titanium dioxide pigment manufactured by the chloride process
and is supplied as a fine, dry powder.
- Good gloss
- Excellent hiding power
- Easy dispersion
- High resistance to corrosion, high resistivity, and low soluble ion content
Applications Highly Recommended :
- Interior gloss and semi-gloss architectural applications, particularly as a primer
- Exterior applications when a medium chalk resistance is preferable,
(e.g., when dirt collection is a problem)
- Interior industrial coatings
- Automotive primer coatings
- Container coatings where a neutral undertone and high gloss are valued
- Electrodeposition primer applications
- Appliance coatings, metal furniture finishes, and high reflectance white coil coatings
- Plastic applications
|Paints and Coatings|
|Water-based coatings||●||Powder coatings||●|
|Solvent-based coatings||●||Anticorrosive paints||●|
|Automotive coatings||●||Wood coatings||●|
|Coil coatings||●||Can coatings||●|
|Engineering Plastics||Chemical fiber|
|● Highly Recommended 〇 Recommended — Not Recommended|
|Chemical Name：||Titanium Dioxide (TiO2)|
|Color Index：||77891, pigment white 6|
Physical and Chemical Properties
|Titanium Dioxide, wt%, min.||94|
|Amorphous Silica, wt%||–|
|Bulking Value, L/kg (gal/lb)||0.25 (0.03)|
|Color CIE L*||99.8|
|Median Particle Size, µm||0.41|
|Resistance at 30 °C (86 °F) (1,000 ohm)||12|
|Carbon Black Undertone||12.4|
25 kg paper bags, or 1 metric ton (1,000 kg) flexible intermediate bulk containers
Handling and storage:
The product is a kind of white powder which is safe, nontoxic and harmless.
Keep from moisture during transport and should be stored in a cool, ventilated, dry place.
Avoid breathing duct when handling, and wash with soap & water in case of skin contact.
For more details, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Do not use this materials in medical applications involving permanent implantation
in the human body or contact with bodily fluids or tissues, unless the material
has been provided